The Anglican boarding school at Lake Wabasca opened in 1894. The federal government began providing support to the school in 1903. Much of the school was destroyed by fire in 1903. From the 1920s to the 1940s concern over the deteriorating school buildings led the government to consider closing the school. In 1945 the main dormitory was destroyed by fire. New facilities were built, but by the mid-1960s enrollment was too low to justify operation of the school and it closed in 1966.
Remembering the Following Students:
|Name||Date of Death (Year/Month/Day)|
|Hattie Tryudall||Not known|
|Victor Yellow Knee||ca. 1933-01-01|